Right now, I am painting the walls of a church in Ticuantepe, Nicaragua. Will and have taken a wonderful team of 21 adults and students on a week long missions trip, and I am thrilled for this sweet opportunity! Please keep us in your prayers as we will be sharing the gospel, singing a lot in Spanish, painting church walls, feeding hungry children, loving on the people of Nicaragua, encouraging new churches, acting out skits, laughing a lot, praying a lot, and eating muchos arroz y frijoles!
While I’m away, Callie and Elizabeth will be taking over my blog, so keep checking in to see some of their beautiful work and what they’ve been up to recently!
A few facts about Nicaragua you may or may not know:
– Nicaragua is the poorest country in Central America and the second poorest in the Hemisphere
– The largest city is Managua (where we will be staying)
– A few of the most popular dishes include: Gallo Pinto (rice and red beans), Nacatamal (made of corn, pork, potatoe, rice, and sometimes olives and raisins), Rondon (fish platter from the Caribbean coast of Nicaragua), Tajadas (fried thin slices of green plantains
– The majority of the Nicaraguan population are Mestizos (mixed Amerindian and European)
– Baseball is the most popular sport
– The Masaya Vocano is located in Nicaragua and is presently active (we will be visiting this one day on our trip!)
*I will be back in the studio on July 30th answering emails. Thank you for your patience, and if you need anything urgent please contact Callie who will be running the studio while I’m away. (Callie [at] nancyrayphotography [dot] com). ¡Muchas Gracias!
Sign Up to Receive our FREE PDF - "5 Steps to Preserve Your Legacy Through Photographs"
And join The Nancy Ray News!