Courtney and Michael’s wedding day was one that I had been looking forward to for over a year. When Courtney and I first met in our studio, we clicked instantly. Throughout their engagement we talked on a regular basis and even had a three hour coffee date. Over time, she has become a dear friend of mine and I am continually blessed by her. Never did I expect to have such wonderful clients turned friends when I took this job 5 years ago.
This day was ordained by The Lord and I don’t say that lightly. Similar to my wedding day plan, there was no rain plan for Courtney and Michael’s reception. No matter what, it was going to be outside under a tent, so we prayed for good weather and spoke good weather over their whole weekend. And let me tell you, God showed off. With a rain and cloudy forecast, we continued to push through, and the chance of rain slowly went away. The sun even came out during their ceremony! Then at the very end of the day, there was the most vibrant, beautiful sunset, so beautiful that they encouraged all of their guests to step outside and experience the sunset.
Things that I will never forget from this special day:
– Michael’s reaction as his bride walked down the aisle to him
– The utter calmness and dependence on The Lord that Courtney and Michael had throughout the whole day
– The individual and emotional first looks Courtney did with all of the special people in her life
– The letters delivered to Courtney every hour by Michael’s groomsmen
– The multiple (yes, multiple) celebratory champagne popping and spraying
– The amazing sunset
– The amount of times Courtney & Michael checked on me to make sure I had eaten, had enough water and was warm enough
Courtney and Michael, you are going to change the world with your marriage! Thank you for being who you are individually all while pursuing unity. I am so honored to know you and am so excited that our relationship doesn’t stop here!
Big thanks to The Carolinas Magazine for featuring this Outer Banks wedding in their first edition!
Officiant: Clark Rineheart
Venue: Outer Banks Whalehead Club
Caterer: Cafe Lachine
Florist: Bells & Whistles
Event Coordinator: The Proper Setting
Reception DJ: Outer Banks Music Masters
Videographer: Reel Love Weddings
Hair & Makeup Stylist: Lovies
Calligraphy: Kayleigh Teachey
Invitations: Weekend Paper Co.
Wedding Dress: Hayden & Olivia Bridal
Film Processing: Indie Film Lab
Sign Up to Receive our FREE PDF - "5 Steps to Preserve Your Legacy Through Photographs"
And join The Nancy Ray News!