Hello, friends! While Nancy Ray Photography did not have an internship program last year, we have decided to bring on a spring intern this year! This presents an awesome experience for someone to learn business and photography in a growing studio with multiple photographers. We will be hiring a Spring Intern by mid-March. Here is what we’re looking for:
– Someone who can commit to working approximately 10-15 hours a week in April, May and June, with a somewhat flexible schedule.
– Someone who has a passion for photography, weddings, and organization.
– A great work ethic is super important to us, as well as someone who loves to learn, can work and problem solve independently, and is very responsible
– Someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and contribute to a team
– Someone who is very familiar with Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
– A working knowledge of Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, and WordPress would be a bonus!
– Someone who loves music, coffee, and big dogs.
Here are some of the things you can expect to learn:
– The basics of social media to grow a small business and interacting with followers
– How to maintain photography equipment
– The flow of a wedding day and working with vendors
– What it takes to make weddings, sessions, and editorial/styled shoots successful
– The big and little things required to keep a studio running smoothly
– Writing occasional posts on the blog
– How a bustling wedding photography business is run in high wedding season
This position is unpaid, but we are happy to work with you to get college credit if that’s something your school offers. We know this will be a great learning opportunity! If chosen for the internship, we will need you to work in person in the NRP studio in North Raleigh.
Sound like you? Please fill out this form no later than February 25 at 11:59pm. Please let us know in the comments if you have any questions. Please do not email your application to us or email us to confirm receipt. We will be in touch with applicants who we think might be a good fit within two weeks of February 25!
We can’t wait to hear from y’all!!
Sign Up to Receive our FREE PDF - "5 Steps to Preserve Your Legacy Through Photographs"
And join The Nancy Ray News!