Each year, we like to plan two occasions that our team and their spouses (this time we included babies and animals) are able to get together; once in the Fall and once for our Christmas dinner. This year we decided to combine our team hangout time with the Southern Weddings V7 Launch party. We met at Annie Wilkerson to take some updated team photos, Christmas card photos, and head shots. We even Periscoped some of our time together, which was pretty funny when our guys found out that people were watching us live!
Our team grew tremendously this year, as we added Olivia as an associate photographer, and sweet Milly was born. Be sure to stop back by our blog each day this week as we will be reflecting on all that we did in 2015. I am incredibly thankful for each of these ladies and the ways that they all differently contribute to NRP. I love spending time with this team because the truth is that although we work hard together, we are also great friends, and that brings me so much joy!
Film Processing: Indie Film Lab
Elizabeth, Olivia, Nancy and Callie
Lead Photographers at Nancy Ray Photography
Owner + Wedding Photographer
Photographs weddings on Saturdays, photographs sessions in the mornings or evenings, photographs editorials, works at her NRP home studio Mondays – Thursdays, emails, edits, manages the NRP team, organizes image workflow, creates Spotify playlists and contributes to the Nancy Ray News, loves running, blogging, reading, date nights with Will, morning snuggles with her little girl Milly.
Husband: William Ray
Pets: Winston the Great Dane
Kids: Milly (7 months)
3 Fun Facts about Nancy:
1. My favorite food is most definitely guacamole. But only the kind that Will makes for me.
2. I’ve never taken a PE class in my life. Truly. Somehow, I always got out of it!
3. I was Dorothy and Will was the Tinman in our high school musical performance of “The Wiz.”
Owner + 2nd Shooter + CFO
Photographs weddings on Saturdays alongside Nancy or Callie, manages the bookkeeping and finances of Nancy Ray Photography, our in-studio IT guy, leads NRP team meetings, manages client systems and bookings, contributes to the blog and the Nancy Ray News, keeps Nancy grounded, loves reading, blogging, golfing, watching UFC, and taking walks in the neighborhood with the family. He also has a full time job as a C12 chair in the triangle area.
Wife: Nancy, married 7 years and 6 months
Pets: Our Great Dane, Winston
Kids: Milly, almost 8 months old!
3 Fun Facts about Will:
1. We both love to waterski, though we haven’t been able to since we became a family of 3
2. While North Carolina has had a HUGE influx of people moving here in the last decade, we are both North Carolina born and bred!
3. Some folks might not think this is “fun,” but our favorite type of night is a night in with pizza and a movie!
Wedding Photographer + Studio Manager
Photographs weddings on Saturdays, photographs sessions in mornings or evenings, works alongside Nancy in the NRP Studio Mondays – Thursdays, emails, edits, keeps communication rolling with clients and vendors, drops off all deliveries at the UPS store and is friends with the staff, contributes to the blog and the Nancy Ray News, loves Young Life, Organization, the ocean, her Simplified Planner, and blogging at Call Me Callie
Husband: Jamie, married almost 2 years
Pets: Bokeh the Silver Lab
Kids: None yet
3 Fun Facts about Callie & Jamie:
1. We are hoping to add three chickens and a very cute chicken coop in our backyard this year
2. I’m convinced that Mexican food might be one of our love languages
3. We feel most alive when we’re on the coast, or more specifically on Jamie’s family’s boat in Pine Knoll Shores
Family + Newborn Photographer + 2nd Shooter
Photographs couples, families, maternity sessions, births, and newborns; especially loves the smell of a newborn baby, 2nd shoots for Callie and Nancy occasionally, attends weekly NRP meetings and usually makes everyone laugh, emails and corresponds with all clients, contributes to the blog and the Nancy Ray News, loves steak and potatoes, traveling with Robert, snuggling her kitties, and admiring sports cars.
Husband: Robert, for 4 1/2 years
Pets: My fat cat’s name is Kiwi, Robert’s cat is Noodle, and we have the sweetest Weimaraner pup in all the world, Colonel Moose.
Kids: No kids!
3 Fun Facts about Elizabeth and Robert:
1. We met when we were 10 and 11 years old
2. We love to cook together, Robert grills the best steak in all the land
3. Robert has called me “Boog” since we started dating in 2008
Photographs weddings on Saturdays, photographs sessions in mornings or evenings, occasionally 2nd shoots with Nancy and Callie, attends weekly NRP meetings either in person or via Skype from Greenville, NC, emails and corresponds with all clients, contributes to the blog and the Nancy Ray News, loves long runs, iced coffee, music of all genres, and sweet time in the morning.
Engaged: Andrew and I have been engaged for almost two months, and we are counting down the days until October 15th!
Pets: I send pictures of puppies to Andrew just about every week; we are holding out for a little bit though!
Kids: No kiddos
3 Fun Facts about Olivia & Andrew:
1. Andrew and I are high school sweethearts, we have dated since before I could even drive!
2. We are exactly 2 years, 2 months and 2 days apart
3. Our favorite movie is Lone Survivor
Sign Up to Receive our FREE PDF - "5 Steps to Preserve Your Legacy Through Photographs"
And join The Nancy Ray News!