Welcome, July! A month full of celebration, family, rest from wedding season, summer heat, homemade ice cream, pool parties, and new playlists. Since I’m now halfway through the year, I’m going to assess where I stand with my 2012 goals, and of course make a new list of goals for July. As a bonus, if you would like to swap summer playlists, send me an email! I’d love to share my upbeat, summery playlist and expand my own music collection too. Sounds fun, right? nancy [at] nancyrayphotography [dot] com.
2012 Goals : Halfway update [read the original post here]
• Train my body to wake up consistently at 6am : I’m on track! I’ve been waking up consistently at 6:30 for the first 6 months of this year. Not every day, but on most days I’m on track. Now I’m going to begin a 6am wake up call with my new alarm clock 2 days/week, and increase days until the end of the year.
• Read 12 books in 12 months : Ahead of schedule
• Run a half marathon : This is happening this month! I could not be more proud of myself.
• Be intentional about having a spiritual mentor in my life : I’ve been in prayer about this a long time. I’m joining a Bible study in 2 weeks, which is a good start. I don’t want to rush this one.
• Hire someone / Outsource more : Done! I adore Callie. She works hard, has a great attitude, and has saved me so much stress.
• Drink 3 camelbaks per day (=9 glasses of water) for 5 days/week : This goal has become more like an addiction. I drink at least 3 daily, often times 4.
• Enforce strict office hours for Nancy Ray Photography : Office hours are 9:00am – 4pm officially. However, I will admit I worked outside of these hours several times in the past 2 months as I juggled so many weddings and sessions in the height of the season. Looking forward to being a little more strict with myself the rest of the year.
• Plan a fun vacation trip – for just the two of us : September 12-18 Will and I will be traveling to NYC, New London, Rhode Island, and Boston! We are thrilled. I would love to hear any suggestions for restaurants, shows, and attractions! We are excited to be taking a 100% non-work related vacation. Hasn’t happened since our honeymoon!
12 in 12: Read Blue Like Jazz
Clean out / Simplify my Car
Make a new Summer Playlist
Wake up 2 days/ week at 6:00am; other days at 6:30am
Run a half-marathon (!)
Sign Up to Receive our FREE PDF - "5 Steps to Preserve Your Legacy Through Photographs"
And join The Nancy Ray News!