This was the first year that we decided to offer a summer internship and I am so grateful for our wonderful intern, Izzy! Our team has a lot going on his season – Nancy’s maternity leave, Elizabeth learning that she’s expecting twins, temporarily moving our NRP Studio to my parent’s house for a month, shooting tons of weddings and sessions, and working towards some exciting goals. During all these crazy things, Izzy never flinched. She was steadfast and willing to go along with WHATEVER we needed from her. She bent over backwards to help us with tons of projects and was a calm presence when things seemed a little crazy. I love this girl and am so thankful for her time with us. We are going to miss you in the studio Izzy! I’m excited to let her tell you a little bit about what she learned during her internship!
I can not believe this internship is already over!!
After these 3 months in the NRP Studio/Pitts Palace, I have made life long friends and I will forever look up to each of these ladies.
I can not put into words how thankful I am to be apart of this team and how they have loved me.
10 Things I learned:
1. Olivia is a really great DJ on Spotify, this NRP team jams out when they edit photos and respond to emails
2. Wear comfy shoes. I usually wear the same sandals everyday in the summer… until I started assisting weddings and standing on my feet. Comfy shoes are essential for wedding day survival!
3. Always be encouraging. This team lifts one another up and encourages one another constantly. They believed in me and knew I was capable of things I didn’t know existed! They believe anyone willing to learn is teachable.
4. For His Glory. NRP is rooted in Christ. They pray before every meeting and wedding. They remind themselves that their worth is not found in productivity, but instead in the unchanging grace we are given by Christ.
5. Stay Organized. Here’s to the most organized people I’ve ever met in my entire life (they know what they are doing)! Hourly planners, labels, stickers, the Drobo, handbooks, equipment. I’m still impressed today, and hoped it rubbed off on me a little.
6. Set Goals. I’ve always been a list maker but rarely do I make goals and schedule when/how I can accomplish them. This team is all for goal setting and how they can always be improving.
7. Working weddings is FUN! I’ve officially been to a lot of weddings and have loved seeing how different each one is.
8. Olivia is only ONE year older than me (HAHA!) I learned that this summer and now we are besties!
9. Callie can really make anyone in her sight feel loved. She can also lead a 10/10 team meeting! (her dogs are pretty cute too)
10. I can roll and shoot film now! I’ve always been team Nikon… but after this internship I may be team Contax and Canon 😉
Sign Up to Receive our FREE PDF - "5 Steps to Preserve Your Legacy Through Photographs"
And join The Nancy Ray News!