I cannot even begin to describe what a joy it has been to grow this team. Today, I'm excited to announce that we are growing again! We are looking for an associate wedding photographer who will be the perfect fit for the NRP team.
A few years ago, I was turning away so many clients that we were forced to make a decision: either stay a husband and wife team only, or train and grow a small team of photographers to accommodate those clients. After much prayer, we decided to grow a team. Now, we have three lead photographers on our team: myself, Callie, and Elizabeth. Once again, we have reached full capacity, and we are looking for a fourth gifted photographer.
If you are interested in this position, or if you have a friend that would be interested, please thoroughly read the guidelines below. The link to apply can be found at the bottom of this blogpost.
All Applications are due no later than October 31, 2014.
We cannot wait to hear from you!
What we are looking for:
– Someone who has a natural eye, gift, and passion for wedding photography
– Someone who is organized
– A great work ethic is super important to us, as well as someone who loves to learn, can work and problem solve independently, and is very responsible
– Someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and contribute to our team
– Someone who is very familiar with Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest
– A working knowledge of a camera & shooting in manual
– Someone who loves music, coffee, and big dogs
– Being a good writer is a bonus, as you'll be contributing to the Nancy Ray Blog regularly
– Someone who values communication, feedback, and growth (personally and professionally)
– It is a bonus if you already have experience shooting weddings, but it is not necessary to apply for this position
Things you can expect from us, if you end up joining our team:
– How to become a successful wedding photographer
– The basics of using social media to grow an individual platform within a small business
– How to contribute to and interact with a small (and wonderful!) team
– Vendor relationships & networking
– How to work with a team of photographers
– What it takes to make weddings, sessions, and editorial/styled shoots successful
– Constant feedback and encouragement
– This will be a position that is compatible with another part time or full time job.
– This position does not include in-studio / office work, but it will require that you be available on Saturdays (for weddings) and in the evenings (for sessions), at big team events, and regular team meetings.
– You do not need to own your own photography equipment, but if you already do, that is a big bonus.
– Our interview process is not quick, but it's effective, so get ready!
– We are not in a rush to hire, and we won't if we don't find the right fit for our team.
– We will be training you to have the "NRP look," while drawing out your personal style as a photographer. We believe that the photographer's creative eye goes hand in hand with our streamlined processes of shooting weddings.
– If you love taking photos but hate the business side of photography, you could be the perfect fit!
If you have carefully read all of the above and would still like to apply, you may do so here!