I’ve been sharing my heart this week on ways that Making Things Happen has changed my perspective on “stuff.” But there were other parts of MTH that challenged me – more practical, tangible things that I would love to share!
First of all, let me just say that sitting on that platform with those inspiring women was a proud moment. I learned so much from each of them and how they run their lives and businesses. What incredible ladies! If you want to learn more about each of them, I’ve included links to their sites at the bottom of this post.
Here are the top 5 lessons that challenged me at Making Things Happen:
1. You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. I want to be more intentional about spending quality time with quality people.
2. “How you start your day determines your day.” – Simon T. Bailey – This encouragement confirmed how I spend my mornings, and challenged me to make my mornings even more meaningful and effective.
3. It is okay to be different when it comes to setting office hours! Thank you Emily Ley. Who said I have to work from 8-6 nonstop every day? I’ve found so much freedom in this! Living life guilt-free when I take a break to exercise or take a break.
4. “We overestimate what we can do in a week, and we underestimate what we can do in 6 months.” Love this quote that an attendee shared at the event. It’s so true. My goal is to be more real and practical in setting my weekly and yearly goals.
5. Always, always, always live your life and run your business from “your core.” Let it be the overflow of your calling – what truly fires you up!
Be sure to follow these amazing ladies who also shared their hearts at the conference:
Sign Up to Receive our FREE PDF - "5 Steps to Preserve Your Legacy Through Photographs"
And join The Nancy Ray News!