I am so excited to announce we are now accepting applications for our Summer, and Fall Internships for 2019! See the specific dates below! We know some of you may have been looking out for our spring internship, and we are so excited to tell you that we already have one! Due to Nancy beginning her maternity leave in December and wanting to have things squared away before we jumped into 2019, we hired her before the year even began. She is already working in the studio, and assisting at weddings and we can’t wait for you to meet her so soon! We know you will love her, and may have even seen her on some of our instagrams before (she just so happens to be someone we had a previous relationship with, and knew she would be so perfect for this role, that we couldn’t wait until 2019 to hire her!)
This presents an enriching experience for someone to learn business and photography in a growing studio with multiple photographers. We will be accepting applications through April 12th, interviewing the top applicants through the 3rd and 4th weeks of April (yes we are very thorough!), and our Summer Intern will begin her position the week of May 28th. To get a glimpse at what this looks like, view our #nrpintern hashtag on Instagram!
We will be taking applications for Summer and Fall internships at the same time!
Summer: May 28th – August 30th
Fall: August 27th – November 21st
Here is what we’re looking for:
– Someone who can commit to working approximately 10-15 hours a week in our North Raleigh studio with a somewhat flexible schedule.
– Someone who has a passion for photography, weddings, and organization.
– A great work ethic is super important to us, as well as someone who loves to learn, can work and problem solve independently, and is very responsible.
– Someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and contribute to a team.
– Someone who is very familiar with Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.
– A working knowledge of Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, and WordPress would be a bonus!
– Someone who loves music, coffee, cute toddlers and big dogs.
– Someone who is interested and willing to assist at weddings (usually on Saturdays).
Here are some of the things you can expect to learn:
– The basics of social media to grow a small business and interacting with followers
– How to maintain photography equipment
– The flow of a wedding day and working with vendors
– What it takes to make weddings, sessions, and editorial/styled shoots successful
– The big and little things required to keep a studio running smoothly
– Writing occasional posts on the blog
– How a bustling wedding photography business is run in high wedding season
This position is unpaid, but we are happy to work with you to get college credit if that’s something your school offers. We are confident the internships we offer are great learning opportunities. If chosen for the internship, we will need you to work in person in the NRP studio in Wake Forest.
Does this sound like you? Please fill out THIS FORM no later than April 12th, 2019 at 11:59pm. Please let us know in the comments if you have any questions. Please do not email your application to us or email us to confirm receipt. We will be in touch with applicants who we think might be a good fit by April 19th!
We can’t wait to hear from y’all!!
Sign Up to Receive our FREE PDF - "5 Steps to Preserve Your Legacy Through Photographs"
And join The Nancy Ray News!