Image above by Graham Terhune
:: UPDATED as of March 1st: APPLICATION deadline has passed ::
I am excited to announce we are now accepting applications for our Spring, Summer, and Fall Internships! For the first time, we are now accepting applications for a Summer internship. See the specific dates below!
Ready to apply? Click here
This presents an enriching experience for someone to learn business and photography in a growing studio with multiple photographers. We will be accepting applications through January 31st, interviewing the top applicants through the 1st, 2nd and 3rd weeks of February (yes we are very thorough!), and our Spring Intern will begin her position the week of March 13th. To get a glimpse at what this looks like, view our #nrpintern hashtag on Instagram!
We will be taking applications for Spring, Summer and Fall internships all at the same time!
Spring: March 13th – June 2nd
Summer: May 29th – September 1st
Fall: August 28th – November 17th
Here is what we’re looking for:
– Someone who can commit to working approximately 10-15 hours a week with a somewhat flexible schedule.
– Someone who has a passion for photography, weddings, and organization.
– A great work ethic is super important to us, as well as someone who loves to learn, can work and problem solve independently, and is very responsible.
– Someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and contribute to a team.
– Someone who is very familiar with Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Periscope.
– A working knowledge of Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, and WordPress would be a bonus!
– Someone who loves music, coffee, cute toddlers and big dogs.
– Someone who is interested and willing to assist at weddings (usually on Saturdays).
Here are some of the things you can expect to learn:
– The basics of social media to grow a small business and interacting with followers
– How to maintain photography equipment
– The flow of a wedding day and working with vendors
– What it takes to make weddings, sessions, and editorial/styled shoots successful
– The big and little things required to keep a studio running smoothly
– Writing occasional posts on the blog
– How a bustling wedding photography business is run in high wedding season
This position is unpaid, but we are happy to work with you to get college credit if that’s something your school offers. We our confident the internships we offer are great learning opportunities. If chosen for the internship, we will need you to work in person in the NRP studio in North Raleigh.
Does this sound like you? Please fill out THIS FORM no later than January 31st, 2017 at 11:59pm. Please let us know in the comments if you have any questions. Please do not email your application to us or email us to confirm receipt. We will be in touch with applicants who we think might be a good fit by February 10th!
We can’t wait to hear from y’all!!
Sign Up to Receive our FREE PDF - "5 Steps to Preserve Your Legacy Through Photographs"
And join The Nancy Ray News!