Update January 22: We’ve received several messages letting us know that the form wasn’t working properly. Our apologies! If you have submitted an application before January 23, please re-apply here. The form should be working properly now!
With wedding season just around the corner, we are happy to be offering our Spring and Fall internship program again this year. This presents an awesome experience for someone to learn business and photography in a growing studio with multiple photographers. We will be hiring a Spring Intern by mid-March. To get a glimpse at what this looks like, view our #nrpintern hashtag on instagram!
Interested in the fall internship? Go ahead and apply now, and we would be happy to consider you for our fall intern during this application process. We are focusing on the right fit for our Spring Intern, but if we find someone who is perfectly suited for our fall intern during this process, we will be happy to fill both positions at once.
Here is what we’re looking for:
– Someone who can commit to working approximately 10-15 hours a week in April, May and June, with a somewhat flexible schedule.
– Someone who has a passion for photography, weddings, and organization.
– A great work ethic is super important to us, as well as someone who loves to learn, can work and problem solve independently, and is very responsible
– Someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and contribute to a team
– Someone who is very familiar with Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
– A working knowledge of Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, and WordPress would be a bonus!
– Someone who loves music, coffee, and big dogs.
– Someone who is interested and willing to assist at a few weddings (usually on Saturdays)
Here are some of the things you can expect to learn:
– The basics of social media to grow a small business and interacting with followers
– How to maintain photography equipment
– The flow of a wedding day and working with vendors
– What it takes to make weddings, sessions, and editorial/styled shoots successful
– The big and little things required to keep a studio running smoothly
– Writing occasional posts on the blog
– How a bustling wedding photography business is run in high wedding season
This position is unpaid, but we are happy to work with you to get college credit if that’s something your school offers. We know this will be a great learning opportunity! If chosen for the internship, we will need you to work in person in the NRP studio in North Raleigh.
Sound like you? Please fill out THIS FORM no later than February 6th, 2015 at 11:59pm. Please let us know in the comments if you have any questions. Please do not email your application to us or email us to confirm receipt. We will be in touch with applicants who we think might be a good fit by February 12th!
We can’t wait to hear from y’all!!
Sign Up to Receive our FREE PDF - "5 Steps to Preserve Your Legacy Through Photographs"
And join The Nancy Ray News!